Friday, August 16, 2013

A must for all CRAFTERS!

The Silhouette Cameo- A Crafter's MUST! 

If you don't know by now, let me assure you my love for my Silhouette rivals that my love of chocolate.  Of course you should know my love of chocolate is a bit out of control thus my love for my Silhouette falls neatly into the category of unhealthy.

As previously mentioned, I am getting back in my scrappy mode-- although there shall be quiltin' going on for sure in the next few days!  Last night I pulled out my latest Studio Calico Kit and decided to get a layout done.  I must tell a truth here... sometimes it is hard for me to just get started!  A kit is always a fast way to get your mojo movin'  if the challenge blog challenge is already done that is ;)

I created this layout of my amazing daughter whom will ALWAYS give you a goofy look if you ASK her to smile.. now if you just take a photo she will look at you and give you a lovely smile-- just never ask her... or even say "smile!"  Almost all the product used here was from my August Studio Calico Kit.  As I was constructing this layout I had a little spot that was well "naked"  so here is where my Silhouette Cameo came to the rescue AGAIN!  I needed just a little something, all my embellishments were truthfully overwhelming, taking too much of the eye!  So I decided to check my cut library and found these cute borders (look under the LOVE THIS) that I sized to fit in the space I needed added a little mist (Mister Huey from Studio Calico Sunshine and Piglet)  and created the perfectly sized, perfect embellishment to put the attention on the photo and not take away from the photo.  So sometimes my Silhouette is for a BIG project, other times I will use it when I need a little touch of something to give the project a finished look.  With my Silhouette I always have the perfect embellishment in the perfect color.
Never Say Smile - by Erika Hayes
Studio Calico August Kit

Well that is what I have for you today my friends! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment