Thursday, August 6, 2015

C.O.W (Card of the Week)


\
Welcome back my friends!

I hope your week is going well!  I have been so busy and so many great new things are in the works.  Did you see the sneak peek of the catalog I posted yesterday?  NO well be sure to check it out right HERE
Normally I will have a challenge for you on Wednesday but with all the new goodies I felt like it was better to show you some sneaks yesterday.  We will get on the challenges soon I promise! Speaking of sneaks be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see a few more.

Lets get down to business, today is our Card of the Week (C.O.W.)  I am excited to share a new project with a little instruction for you this week.  I was inspired by this card from the catalog sample, but as always I kind of made it my own. I love that SU! gives us such stunning leaping off points.  This one seemed to fit my mood-- I am happy and grateful for this life I am blessed to lead.  I thank you all for being a part of it.


Today is our Card of the Week.

Thank you for Everything and More

What you will need:
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Thick Cardstock by Stampin' Up!
Whisper White Heavy Cardstock (140272)

English Garden Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!
English Garden Designer Paper (138440)



One Big Meaning Clear-Mount Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
One Big Meaning  (139420)

Pistachio Pudding Thick Baker's Twine by Stampin' Up!
Pistachio Pudding Thick Bakers Twine(135635)

Vellum 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock by Stampin' Up!
Vellum (101856)








Garden in Bloom Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Garden In Bloom Photopolymer  (139443)




Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad by Stampin' Up!Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad by Stampin' Up!Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad  by Stampin' Up!Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad by Stampin' Up!Banner Triple Punch by Stampin' Up!



Put it together:
  1. Cut an A2 card base (5.5 x 8.5 - score at 4.25) using Whisper White Cardstock
  2. Cut Kraft and White strips from English Garden Designer Pack at 5.25 x 4
  3. Cut Whisper White at 4.75x3.5 
  4. Cut Vellum Strip at 1.5 x 8
  5. Stamp images from Garden in Bloom Stamps onto 4.75 x 3.5 Whisper White bleeding some of the images off the card 
  6. Using the Aqua Pens or paint brush and inks add color to the images. This method creates a lovely watercolor look
    • Tip: if you have a glass mat smear a little ink on to the glass and pick up ink with a wet brush.  This allows for better control of the amount of ink you pick up and does not dilute your ink pad.  If you don't have a glass mat you can also use the top of your ink storage.
    • If you want the centers to be darker like mine are, wet your brush the remove excess water and then load your brush with full saturation of the ink.  
  7. Punch one end of vellum strip to create the banner and stamp sentiment about .25" from the punched end  *Set aside to dry or dry with heat gun
  8. Tie triple bow with Thick Bakers Twine
  9. Adhere Kraft and white Designer Paper to the base of the card
  10. Wrap vellum strip around back of the Stamped colored 4.75 x 3.5 whisper white and crease at desired length.  
  11. Adhere the excess vellum flap to the back of the 4.75 x 3.5 Whisper White (this ensures no adhesive will be seen.
  12. Staple or using a Stampin Dimensions adhere triple bow through the vellum onto the 4.75 x 3.5 Whisper white.
  13. Adhere craft foam (or use Stampin' Dimensions) to the water colored 4.75 x 3.5 whisper white image.  
  14. Adhere completed 4.75 x 3.5 Whisper White with Vellum attached to the front of the card.  

I hope you enjoy making this fun and beautiful card.  Feel free to play with the colors these could be a beautiful bright bouquet as well. To purchase any of the products you see in our COW visit my website by simply clicking HERE


SNEAK PEEKS:
As I promised!  Here are a few more lovelies for you.  If you would like more information on how to become a demonstrator or if you just want to ask a few questions, shoot me an email.  NEVER any pressure. (gzuswins@gmail.com) 
This set... just makes me smile.
I can't wait to incorporate it in a C.O.W. and a workshop! 

How clever is THIS?  I think it is a
great tree for a small space, maybe work?
It would be great advertisement if you wanted
to join my team and let everyone know
The product really does sell itself! 


Have a blessed day my friends... and go Make Pretty Things!  


Blessings,
Erika
For more information on joining my team CLICK HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment