Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fun Day

Well the move is pretty much over. We still have sorting to do in the garage, but I am tired of boxes and all the junk in them.  Downsizing is good and bad.  You know you spend years collecting stuff only to get rid of it!  I have decided that I need to use the stuff I have,the MFT (My Favorite Things) comes out with the new card kit and BOOM I am pulling out my card.  I AM SO GLAD I DID.  I love the Warm and Fuzzy kit.  It is AHHH DOOR AHH BULL (haha)  It was totally worth every penny and MAN is is packed with goodness!  So here is the card I made quickie last night with it.

I just want to tell you the product in this kit-- I have never owned one sheet of the MFT cardstock because you all know there are really only three brands of cardstock that I will purchase in order of loving, Stampin'Up! and Fun Stampers Journey (tied really) and Bazzill -- and now I can say Bazzill has been knocked to fourth place!  I love the MFT paper.  It was a nice texture and easy to work with.  I also got my first 6x6 paper pad of MFT also a thumbs up.  Buying the kit really did help me get exposed to many of their products I normally would not have purchased.  The ink was a nice hybrid too. I think I need to get some of the color ink pads before I render a judgement on them.

Of course when I ordered the kit there was a set with Cactus stamps AND dies (but they were sadly out of stock on the dies)  but I had to have the stamps. I mean I do live in Arizona.  Well-- they are so dang cute I almost didn't know what to do with them.  THEN I went on Pintrest and was browsing some color combos I had saved and BOOM this here card was born. I actually used the watercolors in the kit to make the "fuchsia" color of the back strip.  I dropped a little salt on the wet paint and it puckered up some and made a nice pattern.  Then I covered it with the Mint cardstock  but still you get the idea. OH both of these are colored with Copic Markers.

HERE IS A LINK TO My Favorite Things so you too can get started collecting the amazing products they sell.

Finally, I started this card several days ago, but since my move I share a space with my son (when he is home from college) for my crafts.  It was spring break so making stuff was limited to after 11 a.m.  -- Which is fine.  I would rather have him around then making stuff earlier than 11a.m.  OK back on the subject.  This card took a few days only due to access. I sketched it and it for the most part came out just the way I planned it.  I had fun playing with the Coral and Aquamarine. I usually shy away from those because they are SOOOOO southwest and I don't really like those colors.. but I am super happy with how the card came out.  All these products are Stampin'Up!

Please feel free to leave comments!  I love reading them.

Blessings
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment