Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Birthday Bloom of thanks!

I love mixing up sets.  Don't get me wrong, SU stamps are great in mixing up the sentiments and giving you lots of options with just one set.  I however, find that there are some sets that really just resonate with me.  One such set for me is the sentiment set from the Watercolor Wishes Kit . This kit was fun to put together but I simply adore the script. With that said, I also am really loving all the new sets from the Occasions Catalog, and one of the ones that I really like is the Birthday Bloom.

When I was setting stamps on my table these two were right next to each other, and I thought.. ohh I like this.  I think sometimes we get caught it the "style" of a set like the sentiments in Birthday Bloom is a bit more chalkboardy  (not a word until today!)  and that may hinder taking out something a bit more elegant and pairing them.  I say we give it all a try, so I did and I was very happy with the results.  I also threw in some Butterfly Basics to create a little background. (See those little ferns poking out?)

This card was really easy to make.  I used only SU inks to color the image with a SU blender pen.  Learning to shade with inks and a blender is really not too difficult.  I wanted to not color with Copics and show you can get great coloring results with just your ink pads and a blender pen.

 On this card I actually began with really light coat of Calypso Coral then brought in Cherry Cobbler. Those are the only colors I used in this coloring. It is was about taking light coats until I could shade the darker coral then finally tipped the edges with Cherry and added that pop. I hope that is not confusing.  If it is ask a question. I love questions.

The stamping was straight on a Whisper White Thick cardstock with post-it notes creating the stamp area.  (Masking where I wanted the images)  Then using a black pen I drew a line creating a clean look.  Then stamped the inside and outside sentiments, the Better than Email on the back and then added the Rhinestone Basic Jewels

If you are in need of more instruction on how to blend with Pen and Ink let me know. I am happy to help you!

Blessings
Erika

Here is the supply list:

Whisper White Thick Cardstock
Crushed Curry Ink Pad
Pear Pizzazz Ink Pad
Calypso Coral Ink Pad
Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad
Memento Ink Pad
Birthday Bloom Stamp Set
Butterfly Basic Stamp Set
Watercolor Wishes Kit Stamp Set
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Blender Pen
Blocks E, C, I
Stampin' Up Trimmer
Stampin' Write Marker - Basic Black
Better Than Email Stamp Set
Sticky Notes

Here is how that will look :


















  





No comments:

Post a Comment