Sunday, March 15, 2015

Making Pretty

Making Pretty Things makes me happy.  In previous post, I have shared about that icky feeling I get when I don't create.  I am discovering there are times when my "mojo" seems to have run away from home -- you know that feeling right?-- Well I think I have stumbled upon what makes some people that are creative just seem to always have awesome ideas and they make such pretty things.

 It is simple really... they make stuff.  See creativity can not be used up it can only be fed.  If one is always creating, they are exercising that part of their mind.  Ideas begin to take root and flourish with much more ease. That constant use of your creative ability will only give it strength.

I made a commitment to myself a few weeks ago that I would attempt to make something pretty every day.  Even if it was just a doodle, it would be a conscience effort to use the creative side of me. For me, making things can range from my paper crafting to word smithing.  I am finding that my ideas for things to make is strengthening.  I encourage you to try making something (like I said even if it is a doodle on scratch paper) to feed your creativity and see if it helps you feel stronger.

I believe we are all creative.  Each person.  I believe it may not be the same kind of creativity, such as I can do a lot with paper and glue, but my husband is the most creative man I know when it comes to problem solving. (I mean that in a he really rocks at it way).

Since making my declaration of Making Pretty Things *daily*  I have not once fought the mojo monster in fact, my sketch book is getting a work out!  Here are a few MPT I have created *mostly paper art because I am trying to grow that area of my ability.


This is something I was trying, building a foundation then adding the card images and sentiment. These two cards began as one tall card with the Kind Koala stamp but it was just too much white space so I cut it and another full card escaped. 

Playing with the chalkboard trend.  I really liked the simple look.  It is hard to see but I used a little white chalk on the back of the Happy Birthday piece to give it a more "chalkboard" appearance. 

One night I was in the mood to color, so I stamped a bunch of images from the "For the Birds" set Stampin'Up.  then created four cute little mini cards.  These cards can be used on gift bags or given as a lunch box note or just a card to a friend/loved one to say... HEY I was thinking about you! 

The Yay! Yay! Yay! you brighten my day is from the Sale-a-Bration set You Brighten my Day.  I liked that the pennants are not attached, it give a whimsy feel to the card.  

Went to the convention (CKC-PHX) and found this cute little stamp set. and well it was all about the coloring!  I love that card making is not complicated.  A nicely colored image on a good solid color scheme and you have a completed work of art that can brighten someone day! 

I really hope you come back often.  I hope to have videos soon of some techniques to help you Make Pretty Things.
I would appreciate if you what you see on my blog that you will share with others.  Thanks for making my day better by being a friend/follower here.  I do value your comments and ideas, please share with me!

Go make something pretty
Blessings
e

No comments:

Post a Comment