Monday, September 16, 2013

Print and Cut and fall in LOVE

If I have not said this already let me say it again... I LOVE MY SILHOUETTE!  I have a friend that had a baby very recently and I wanted to give her a welcome baby card at church last Sunday.  I was going to do the traditional stamp it, color it and assemble a card-- then it got late.  You know how life...
...dinner
laundry
cleaning up after dinner
folding putting away laundry
sweeping and straightening before bedtime
prep of Sunday School
cleaning....

HAPPENS!  Time was short and I wanted to make something pretty AND I wanted to make it FAST!  SO I went to my little heaven here at home (AKA my crafting space) and went to the computer to get some inspiration.  WELL I popped onto the silhouette store to get a "Baby" svg cut that I wanted and I always check the "new designs" category and it usually distracts me for about 45 minutes (this is truly how the creative process works - 20 minutes of work for every 45 mins of goofing off-- well that's how it works for me!)
SO whilst scanning the new stuff I saw a fill pattern that I loved so I downloaded it.. then of course I saw a few other things I loved and downloaded them...
all this time the clock keeps matching on..
When I was done scoping out the new stuff I realized it was almost 11:30 -- probably need to get busy on the actual reason I came up here!

I went to my silhouette studio and was thinking about that fill pattern.. it was SOOO cute I wanted to use it. So I started playing.  Oh and in that time I was working so diligently to find fun stuff to play with I downloaded a bundle that had a fun new font in it.. so I wanted to use that too.   I really loved the design I came up with but as you know time was slipping by and I didn't want to spend all night putting the giraffe bodies together.
THEN I remembered.  OH I can make this cut file a print and cut by simply filling in and removing the "cut" lines. SO easy.  In about 10 minutes I had the giraffes colored (and the cute heart which was another fun fill pattern I downloaded)  and sent this bad boy to the printer. -- with registration marks of course.  Then off to the silhouette to have the card front made.  I then realized I needed a matte to set off the printed and cardstock pieces. I just used the print and cut and used the offset function to make the matte to perfectly fit my printed card front.. SO easy then cut it from contrasting cardstock added a little bow stuck it down and in less than 15 minutes I had a super cute one of a kind card.

Here is the final result!  OH and this here is why I LOVE my silhouette.. there is ALWAYS a solution and it is always fun and exciting to create with it!


Welcome Baby Card by: Erika Hayes 

2 comments:

  1. Soo cute. I do that same thing 45 minutes of online looking for 20 minutes of work. I thought that was it was suppose to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just stinkin' cute! I'll have to play with the cut and print. I'm just getting to know my Silhouette, and loving it more each day.

    ReplyDelete