Monday, October 28, 2013

My poor car!

This is only the back panel, the front by the driver is just
as bad! :(

So I was in a car accident. My poor car.  They have told us it will be 4 weeks to repair it, there was a lot of damage to my car and to me!  I am doing MUCH better now.  I was actually able to try and pull a layout together last night.  I got very tired so it's not the best, but it is the best layout I have ever made while on pain killers.  WHICH I HATE by the way.  They always make me itchy.  

Speaking of itchy, I was really feeling like I had abandon my studio completely so I told my hubby I am going to try and get a layout done today.  He agreed that I needed some time to be myself.  So I went up about in the the afternoon and finished this layout about 9:00 pm... mostly because I had to go and take breaks because I would get tired.  I can also see that my lines were well straight in my head at the time but clearly not so straight.  

Please ignore the failed straight line. It was the hydrocodone
working its magic  :)  

Something I love about scrapbooking though is that there is always more than one story being told.  The story on the page and the story of the creation of the page.  I look at layouts that I have created previously and I remember where and when (about) I made that layout... the people I was with, what was happening. It is a bonus about scrapbooking. You get to remember more than the tale on the page... but the story of your own journey and creative heart.  I know this one will go down in the annuals of  WOW I remember that layout, it was the one I did after the accident!  

Well that is all for today-- I do have some short stories to share but that will be later this week!  

Be blessed friends, and remember, life is precious, it can be gone in a moment (1.5 seconds) live in the joys of life NOT in the mundane.  Hold on to your memories, and scrap them.. cause when you are gone, it may be the only thing you have left to leave the ones you love! 

xoxoxo
e

2 comments:

  1. Erika, I think it's fabulous that you created a LO when you are feeling so poorly. And I think it's a delightful layout and am not even seeing the crooked lines. I love scrapbooking because we can also document our other hobbies, like you did in this LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are ok...............the pain will go away! How terrific you were able to scrap some. Who cares about the lines..............nobody is perfect! I love the LO.....that quilt looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete